Design and Analysis of Observational Studies
KP Suresh, MR Gajendragad, H Rahman
Citation Information :
Suresh K, Gajendragad M, Rahman H. Design and Analysis of Observational Studies. Int J Infertil Fetal Med 2014; 5 (2):33-39.
CC BY-NC 4.0
Copyright © 2014; The Author(s).
How to cite this article
Suresh KP, Gajendragad MR, Rahman H. Design and Analysis of Observational Studies. Int J Infertil Fetal Med 2014;5(2):33-39.
- Case-control designs in the study of common diseases: updates on the demise of the rare disease assumption and the choice of sampling scheme for controls. Int J Epidemiol 1990;19(1):205-213.
- What does the odds ratio estimate in a case-control study? Int J Epidemiol 1993;22(6):1189-1192.
- Methodology and epistemology for social science: selected papers. University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 1998 p. 315-333.
- Estimating causal effects of treatments in randomized and nonrandomized studies. J Educ Psychol 1974;66:688-701.
- Randomized trials and quasi-experiments in education research. NBER Reporter, Summer 2003;11-14.
- Natural and quasi-experiments in economics. J Business and Economic Statistics 1995;13:151-161.
- The planning of observational studies of human populations (with discussion). J Royal Statistical Society Series A 1965;128:134-155.
- Observational Studies. 2nd ed. Springer-Verlag, New York NY; 2002.
- Randomized experiments for planning and evaluation. Sage Publications. Thousand Oaks CA; 1997.
- Social experiments: some developments over the past 15 years. Ann Rev Psychol 1994;45:545-580.
- The effectiveness of adjustment by subclassification in removing bias in observational studies. Biometrics 1968;24(2):295-313.
- Software for optimal matching in observational studies. Epidemiology 1996;7(3):331-332.
- Using multivariate matched sampling and regression adjustment to control bias in observational studies. J Am Stat Assoc 1979;74:318-328.
- Matching with multiple controls to estimate treatment effects in observational studies. Socio Methodol 1997;27:325-353.
- Assessing the sensitivity of regression results to unmeasured confounders in observational studies. Biometrics 1998;54(3):948-963.
- Reducing bias in observational studies using subclassification on the propensity score. J Am Stat Assoc 1984;79:516-524.
- Matching with doses in an observational study of a media campaign against drug abuse. J Am Stat Assoc 2001;96:1245-1253.